Monday, May 01, 2006

ICK!!!

So today has not been a lot of fun. Saturday night (as I am almost asleep), my dh yells out there's something wrong with the computer. I am tired, so I yell back, just turn it off I'll fix it tomorrow. Not what he wants to hear, so he says, no you need to come here. Out of bed I get to find 50+ x-rated pop-ups and our computer virus software going crazy. Great! I let the virus program run all night and this did nothing. I don't know what sickness we got, but it was bad. So today I backed up most of my files and pictures to CD and proceeded to format the hard drive and re-install windows. My internet guy said this will definitely take care of any junk lurking in our pc. So I have been trying to get windows back up to speed and I think I have downloaded and installed the last of the updates and now on to all of the necessary programs we run daily. My back hurts and my eyes hurt from staring at this screen all day!

One little thing I forgot about saving, all of our email addresses and old emails got wiped out. So if you would like to be in my email addy book, please pop me an email and I will add you back in.

That's it for now, gotta go pick up K. I did get some pictures that I want to post, but i gotta get that software back in so it might be a couple days before I can update this again.

Later, ya'll!!

2 comments:

ChristyR said...

I would be so lost if something like that happened to me. I really would like someone to just come to my house and show me all my computer can do other than check email. I would like to be added to your email address book!

itsjustshannon said...

That is my worst nightmare. Yikes!
Glad you got it all worked out though.