Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Ok so my last update worked let's see if I can get this to work too!

Check out these pictures! Last night Kaleb found out he could read this book all by himself! Yipee! I am so proud of him. And he is so proud of himself. These pictures are from this morning, he was excited, but of course did not want to smile for the pictures. Gotta love 'em. He is reading to Linds and Braden (my daycare guy). He also had time this morn to read the story to daddy. I already have a layout in mind for the pictures. I probably won't get to that today, gotta finish my prepping for my class tonight. Maybe tomorrow I will have a scrappin day.

I also got a great idea for my recipe swap. Thanks to my friend Tory who forwarded a super recipe to me this am. So swappers how does Strawberry Margarita Cake sound??? I got to taste it the other night, delicious!

 
  Posted by Picasa

YIPEE IT WORKED!!!

3 comments:

ChristyR said...

Oh my...that recipe sounds delicious!! I can't wait!

Congratulations on your son reading! Exciting!

Cicada said...

Yeah, I have found the blogger server to be down quite a few mornings this week. Annoying.

I love that his book has a tree frog on it! I LOVE tree frogs :) Congrats on his first real reading! That's a BIG deal, for sure- now the world is his!!

Does the cake have tequila in it? :)

Nicole said...

Julie, The cake doesn't have tequila in it (well ok it sort of does). You use like 3/4 cup of Strawberry Margarita mix in the batter. Maybe I will post my page and the recipe here. You probably should have just joined Christine's swap.