Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Grocery's put away, dishes done, kids in jammies...

Well now that the everyday necessities are taken care of I can pop in and say hello! I hope that everyone had a wonderful kick off to summer weekend. It was fun around here. On Friday I went with K's class to the Senior Ag fair at the high school, we got to see baby pigs, cows, chicks and ducks. We also heard about horses and the kids got to try out running "barrels" and roping a chair. The coolest thing for me was when they all got to make bouncy balls from corn starch, water, and oil. I got the recipe and will post it for all my friends with little ones. Julie this might be something you want to try, little miss crafty mom.

Saturday Jeff and K worked on their food plots (that's the corn and other stuff they plant just for the deer and turkey on their hunting land), Jeff realized the brand spanking new trailer he got was not big enough for the 4-wheeler and mower thing, that it was meant for. Great now we have to fork out some more $$ for the bigger one, oh well. Linds and I worked on cards at home, I am doing the Masculine card swap for Memories and I have designed a fun card using alcohol inks, outdoorsy colors, some new photo hanger's I got from CTMH (thanks Tara!), and an old stamp set I had sitting around. I like the way they turned out, maybe I will post that too???

Sunday we had girls day, Linds and I took my mom shopping with us, just clothes no scrappin stuff. I love shopping! We got a few things for Linds, and K and I got some much needed PG size shorts. I hate gaining weight and this time around I am bigger than a house, my old stuff from the other kids doesn't even fit! And after all that rant about weight I do have to tell you we had a great lunch, we tested out the new sandwich place at the mall, Potbelly Sandwich Works I am a sandwich freak, love all sandwiches (as long as there is no mayo)! I really didn't think that I would find anything fast type better than Quiznos, but this place is the best! Loved it!

Yesterday we had a great family day, we all went to an archery shoot. Linds decided she had had enough shooting after 12 targets and wanted to play on the swing set there, so her and I and her cousin played for the next 3 hrs while Jeff and K and company fished the last 20+ targets. Towards the end of our wait the kids were getting ansy and then a guy came out and turned on an outside water facet to clean something out and left a wonderful little river for the kids to play in, that kept them busy just long enough for the others to get back. Then we went home to clean up a bit and then it was off to the super WM (which we have decided we hate) to find a couple things before seeing the Over the Hedge movie. Liked the movie, but I think that as of lately my expectations are high and nothing seems as good as I think it will be.

Finally on to today... back to school for K and work for Jeff. Only 7 more days of school for K, we are so ready for summer! Crazy weather today though, I was glad that we got out for a walk early. It was dark and stormy then the sun would pop and then 15-20 min later dark and stormy again. Linds has developed this complete fear of storms and well it was tough to handle, we had to put a movie in and try to get her to stop listening to the thunder. Anyone got any advice on how to cure this fear??? Nothing else to exciting to report today, just what I started with laundy, dishes, and groceries. gotta love the everyday ordinary stuff.

1 comment:

ChristyR said...

Sounds like lots of fun! I got your recipe cards today and Brittany and I were oohing and ahhing over them! Gorgeous! Now hopefully we'll get the rest tomorrow and we can mail them all out! I am so jealous that you guys have land you are planting food on to hunt on. Sounds like such a great things for kids.