Thursday, May 18, 2006

Alright Christine this one is for you! Ok so I can't really say the inspiration for this came from something outside the SB world, but sometimes you just gotta go with what you got. Challange completed!

I took this picture yesterday and I really love how it turned out, so I wanted to scrap it right away. Then my friend gave me the paisley paper (I am on a paisley phase) and I just knew that I wanted to use them together. I worked on this all day, well inbetween drop-off, pick-up, archery stuff and laundry, when I should have been working on my recipe swap, but oh well. I used the new We-R-Memory Keepers XL snaps and I changed the color by heating up and adding some distress emboss powder. I really, really like how that worked. It gives a very textured look. Made my own photo turns from QK and again embossed with the distress on them and the brads. I don't really like the "angel" stamp, I wish I had something more scripty, but it is a completed page.

Thanks for the challenge Christine, do some more that seems to be the only way I get stuff for me done. Otherwise I am always working on store and class stuff, not that that's a bad thing, but I do like doing stuff just for me too.

Lindsay wants to say Hi to all - lindsay (she typed her name for ya).

Ok I am totally wasted now, I feel like I haven't sat down all day, cuz if I had I would have fallen asleep. Now I am sitting and I NEED to sleep. Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

ChristyR said...

Wow!
What a beautiful layout!
It makes me want to take a picture of mine sleeping cos yours looks so good, so peaceful and we love it when our children are at peace.

Amazing job. I was on the phone with Tricia when I came here and my expression to her made me have to explain every detail of your layout! She loved it too. Wow.

Cicada said...

Photo turns with QK? How cool is that?

Gorgeous layout, sheesh. If you keep posting stuff like that with paisley, I'm going to start getting hooked on it too!

Chris said...

Love it! I like the photo turns holding the picture in place. Great response to the challenge.