Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Welcome back from the holiday!

Ok so we had a very busy few days around here, but lots of fun was had!

On Saturday we met daddy in Reedsburg to watch him shoot, only thing he had a bad day and didn't make it to the final shoot off. The kids were a little disappointed that we didn't get to watch daddy, but it was fun to be able to play with him while watching the five that did make it. The we ventured off to Rthym and Booms, which ended up being postponed until Sunday. Lots of stormy weather, we had black clouds following us all the way into Madison, but we were only to Middleton when we heard the postpone-ment on the radio, so we didn't have to deal with a traffic headache for the drive home. I told K and Linds that God wanted to do his own fireworks tonight and we would just have to wait. The kids thought that was pretty cool.

We did venture back in on Sunday and had a great time. I got the best picture of one of my favorite childhood memories, the ice cream truck. Anyone else out there remember when all the neighborhood kids would run out at the sound of that "special" music and just wait for a treat. What a memory! Ok so I had to pick and choose what pic I put up here today and that one didn't make the cut, but it will certainly end up in a scrapbook. The first picture here is from Sunday night's Rthym & Booms. Boy is it hard to take a good picture at night. I did manage to get a couple good ones of the fireworks too. More stuff I can't wait to scrap.

Monday K, Linds and I spent the day with Grandma Mary, Nana, & Papa. We took a trip to Greendale, WI. This is a "Greenbelt Community" something developed by FDR during the depression. We didn't really learn anything about this greenbelt topic, but we did get to shop in some cute stores and have a fun lunch. My favorite stop was Apples of Eden. I am a big, big, big fan of carmel apples and this was unbelievable! I think I may become a good customer, LOL! Picture number two is from this trip, they had this beautiful fountain and of course I had to let the kids play in it. They didn't get to wet!

Monday night I threw some steaks on the grill and we had a relaxing supper with daddy and then I let the kids do some sparklers. Another great day and night!

We spent the "actual" holiday together too! Jeff wanted to shoot his archery league score in the morning so we hit the course with Grandpa and cousin Jordy in the morning and then went on to Aunt Julie's for food, chit chat between the gals and trap shooting for the guys. I of course thought I had the camera in my purse, but nope. I missed a picture of a baby hawk at the archery course and a shot of Kaleb's fav from Aunt Julie's, the boys chasing the girls. Aunt Jan decided to take all the girls for a ride on the 4-wheeler and the boys just ran after them. Why Kaleb thought this was so cool, who knows??? The boys did get their turn at a ride, but it is the chasing that is stuck in K's head today.

Today I have been assigned the task of cleaning up the basement, YUCK! But I will try to get something done down there before we head to the pool after lunch. I will put my camera in the pool bag now! Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Cicada said...

Funny about the chasing. So true that the weirdest things can end up being the hightlight of a kiddo's day, isn't it??

We have a couple ice cream trucks that come around FAR too often. The kids do love it though! There weren't any where I was growing up, I was deprived! :)

itsjustshannon said...

I so remember the ice cream truck!!!! It was one of my favorite memories as a kid! Sounds like a great holiday!

Too bad about the Saturday rain but I heard the fireworks were fabulous on Sunday. One of these days I guess I have to go to that!