Sunday, July 16, 2006

Birthday Party Wrap-up!

Well we made it through the birthday party friday night. And no one melted! The kids had a great time on the water slide, big hit. I of course made way to much food, but it was all good and I think we will be eating cold sandwiches for a few more days. I was planning on taking a picture of the food spread (Christine I think it was you that has me obsessed with taking pics of food.), but I forgot! And well 4 doz cupcakes were more than enough, of those I think we only came home with just a little more than a dozen, which by today I think there are only a couple left. Really how different is a cupcake for breakfast than a doughnut??? LOL!!

So when I am uploading pictures I try to think about what order they will show up in and well I over-think, cuz they are backwords from how I wanted them, oh well! the first pics are of the kids with their cupcake cakes. then Jeff playing with Kaleb's new toy. K got one of these little remote controled thingy's and well daddy had just as much fun. We got home and Linds just crashed on the floor, so Jeff thought it was funny to try and bump into her with the remote control thing, don't you just love the look on his face. What a total child at heart!

The next set are a few of opening presents. I let Jeff take the pictures this year and he is a total pose taker (he wants everything posed just right), me on the other hand I am way into action shots, so I am a little bummed with the presents pics, I wanted more of the paper ripping action. I'll get over it, hey I still have photos from birthdays three years ago I need to scrap. Better get going on that...

The last set are my favs from the waterslide. Here is where Jeff did a great job getting pictures, and lots of them! The little guy in the middle is cousin Lane, isn't that the best action shot!
 Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

itsjustshannon said...

That waterslide is too awesome!!!! I will have to watch for one on clearance. Looks like a fun time! Do you do both the kids family one at the same time? Just a little confused cause I see a Butterfly shirt that doesn't look like Caleb's style and I think I see two candles. Right?

Cicada said...

That looks like a great party- love the slide pics! The one of your 'kid-at-heart' is too funny. Hope Caleb enjoys all the birthday loot!

ChristyR said...

Everyone looks like they had a great time! The cupcakes look wonderful! Do men ever lose the kid in them? I don't think so and that's okay! Nothing wrong with taking pictures of food! I love food! Glad you guys had a great time and enough food and fun!

Nicole said...

Shannon, yup we do one "family" party for both K and Linds. Way easier on me.

Katie said...

Looks like a great time...happy kids and yummy food! Glad no one melted! Man it's been hot!