Monday, July 24, 2006

Back to "normal"

So I made it through CHA and am back safe and sound at home. I am totally exhaused! But I did have a blast and saw so much stuff that I love! Bad news is that for day two my camera battery was DEAD! I think that I may have a bad battery, I took a fresh one off the charger for the trip and was totally sure it would last me through the weekend. Ya know I wasn't using the flash or anything that would have zapped the power, infact I only took about 40+ pictures Friday. I was so mad! Anyway you will have to just live with my typed re-cap and maybe some links (if I can find 'em).

Ok so Saturday we saw the good stuff, all the popular well know stuff. Out of those my most favorites were (drum roll please)...

BasicGrey - the new LilyKate is probably my fav, loved the soft colors and beautiful designs. Their booth also had some wonderful projects, some really cute stuff done with the baby lines.

Cosmo Cricket - Brand new company that if you are on the net at all you may have heard something about them. Great papers, they remind me a whole lot of BG's first line, but just different enough.

MME Bohemia & Signature - Ok this one really was my ultimate favorite (yes I am already in love with Wild Asparagus so goes to show). Bohemia is definately getting more attention, but if I had to pick between the two I would choose the Signature. It has more of an "outdoorsy" feel to it, and maybe a bit more manly. Not sure why I like that but I do. Although the accessories with the Bohemia line were fantastic, very creative and so different than anything else I had seen. Their reps also had these georgous T's and try as we may, they would not give us any.

Imaginese - Brand spanking new company, loved, loved, loved their papers and embellies. Thick double sided pp, with really unique and fun designs. One of their lines was designed with ideas from their kids drawings. They have also partnered up with bazzill so they list all the coordinating cs for each paper line. gotta love that! And they have the big bazzill brads to match their stuff too. (their site isn't up fully yet, but should be soon)

Crate Paper - Their new stuff was fabulous, lots of fun colors and lots of good stuff for boy pages, not just flowers and such. My favorite was the carnival and cowboy stuff. (the link here is for a two pes thread, the new stuff isn't up on their site yet.)

Alright so those were my favorites, I did love the new font "Tangerine" from QK too. Other than the above mentioned stuff, there was no "new" must have tool or accessory. We did see tons of stuff with glitter. So that must be hot. I may pick a little of that up, just because I do have a glittery girl of my own, but I can' t really get that into glitter. Oh and the other stuff for my wish list would be the bare elements stuff from Creative Imaginations. The purse one is so cute! I think I even get to design a class around that one. I can see lots of christmas gifs being done with this stuff.

Kids are harrassing me to get outside, so I need to get off this computer. Later!

3 comments:

ChristyR said...

thank you so much for the update! I'm off to check out the links and look at your faves! Glad your back, sorry about your camera!

itsjustshannon said...

Sounds like you had fun despite the technical difficulties.

Now why would those basic grey papers be so appealing to you???? Ohhhh that's right...you're having a baby soon. Your energy amazes me!

Cicada said...

Thanks so much for all of those links! I love, love, love the MME stuff, esp. the signature. I'm gonna have to get that.

That sucks about your camera! Sounds like something that would have happened to me! Glad you could put it in perspective!