Monday, July 10, 2006

Kaleb and Lindsay's first "real" rainbow!

I am not sure how this picture will look on the web, hope you all can see the rainbows we saw yesterday. I love rainbows!

I had a wonderful weekend, first off Saturday Jeff was off doing the archery stuff and then Grandpa showed up at 10 am and took K & Linds, so here I am all alone, now what??? Ok so I had a ton of things to do, I really needed to get the office back in order. It seems that we can go about a month and then everything finds it's way back to the floor and overflowing from every surface in here, how that happens??? So anyway I straightened the office and tried to get more stuff organized for our second "Week in the Life" crop. I did get lots done and was all prepped and ready to go for Sunday. Then I headed off to Memories, Dot and I sat down and scheduled out Tuesday Tech classes through the end of the year. I didn't check the store blog yet, so I'm not sure if they are up there yet, but we have got some good stuff planned for everyone. I spent about three hours at the store. I always spend so much time there, but it's my fav place and I feel like I dont' get to gab with Dorothy enough. Then I realized that I did need to get my kids. Went to grandpa's and grabbed them, then we saw Sweet Corn for sale at the corner. The kids have been after me for about two or three weeks now for sweet corn, so what the heck we bought a dozen. Boy it was good! And of course as we were cleaning up I thought I really should have taken some pictures of eating. Oh well!

On to Sunday, like I mentioned before, we had our second get together for the "Week" albums. A huge thank you to Shannon for her hospitality this go around. She has a wonderful Scrap room that she shared with us, got us each our own table and away we went. Some great pages were completed! I did some fun stuff just have to get the journaling in now. Seems funny to me that I can sit and type up all kinds of stuff here, but when I try and journal in my SB's I just can't think of what to say??? What is with that??? Anyway I let Katie get away with taking more pictures of me! YUCK!! She thinks I will appreciate them someday, I'm not so sure. At least I know that she takes beautiful pictures so how bad could they be? We had a great lunch at Panera Bread Co. I have heard of this place and passed by one many times just hadn't eaten there before. It was very good. We enjoyed sandwiches and salads outside. In the shade the weather was just right! Then we ventured off to the nearest LSS for fun, found a generous soul to take a picture of the four of us, so Katie how did they turn out, LOL!!! I picked up some boy pp and some bazzill colors I was running low on, but didn't really need anything else. Then we headed back to Shannon's and worked some more.

The rainbow is from Sunday night, as I got back into Dodgeville and went to pick up my monsters the rain started, it rained hard but the sun kept shinning. As we were driving home from Grandpa's Kaleb spotted the rainbow. I really believe that this is the first "real" rainbow the kids have seen. They were both very excited, so we got a quick pic after pulling in the driveway. It is amazing to me that you can see two rainbows in the picture, can you see them both? When I took it all I saw was the one, to my photographer friends is the second one really there or could it be some camera issue??? Anyway I like the way the picture turned out. Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Cicada said...

The rainbows show up great! Beautiful- I bet your kids loved it.

So glad we got to spend the day together... can't wait till August to do it again!

Katie said...

OMG I was so worried about you driving home with that storm coming, hope you missed it!

Great double rainbow, of course it was really there! We say one here a couple weeks ago.

Your pictures are on my blog. :) Beautiful!

itsjustshannon said...

Pretty Rainbow! Glad to know that there was a rainbow there after all that nasty weather. Didn't even rain at my house.

Glad to have you here! It was truly a pleasure!