Friday, July 28, 2006




Girls Day Out!

So today I took Linds in for her special birthday treat. We visited Aunt Jojo at the "Salon". Jojo is finishing up her last weeks at cosmotology/barber school in Fennimore. That means great deals through the school salon (way good for me). First Linds had her toes done, then her hair braided, then the biggie... She got her ears pierced. They did both ears at once, so it was one, two click and it was over. Linds let out one small ouch, then thought for a second or two and then a few tears rolled down the cheeks, but no crying. Boy was she tough! All the girls said she was one of the bravest ear piercing's they have seen. I guess most little people do a little crying. I am just glad we got both ears done together, I am not so sure Linds would have sat through another click. Next we went out for lunch with Jojo, then back to the salon for a manicure. I was lucky enough to get my toes done too! I do have to say that I have never liked my feet and seeing them in a picture does not make me like them any better!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

ChristyR said...

Looks like great girl time!

How brave..I remember getting my ears pierced and it hurt!

Great photos!

Cicada said...

Yeah, I almost passed out in the mall when I got mine done at about her age. She is way brave! Beautiful nails! I'm so doing that for Maddie for her next birthday; that's such a great idea.

itsjustshannon said...

Sounds like it was lovely day for the ladies of the household.

Glad you two had some nice time together!

Katie said...

Oh Nicole I love that idea. Gabby and I could use some girl time. It is funny because she just asked me the other day when she could get her ears pierced...I had to wait until 13 so she will too! Isn't that just silly? :)