Thursday, July 13, 2006

Hot, hot, hot...

Ok so today is a very typical dog days of summer day in WI. Hot and humid. We spent some time outside, but mostly just hung out in the AC. Gotta love AC, especially for little miss PG. I have so many things to do, but just no ambition. Spent most of the morning prep-ing for a class I taught at the LSS tonight. Did a ribbon class where we learned how to make stitched flowers and hinges from ribbons. Thank you to Making Memories "Ribbonrie" book. It was a challenging class, but my students liked it and everyones pages turned out very nice.

Now we have moved on to planning for our big picnic party tomorrow night. I am on my second batch of cupcakes, ya think 48 cupcakes will be enough for 20+ people??? I love making the kids cakes at birthday time, and this time around I felt like doing the cupcake thing. I may hate myself tomorrow when i am frosting. I always go way overboard, oh well. Every year I tell myself to keep it simple, and every year I never do. I have gotten over the need to turn on the grill and do the whole burger/brat idea. We now order a tray of deli meats and do cold sandwiches. Guess I am getting a little better as I go.

I really need to get my kids in the bath tub, you should see K, he is completly covered with dirt. Boys! There is no way they can go to bed again without a bath, maybe I will just hose them down outside, it certainly is warm enough.

3 comments:

itsjustshannon said...

Feel so bad for you with this heat. I thought to myself...glad I'm not pregnant yesterday on my way home from work because I was thinking about this time 5 years ago when Kaylee was born. Crank the AC!!!

Can you make my kid some cupcakes???? He asked me yesterday if I would make cupcakes for his birthday in Oct. My response....can I buy cupcakes? I am just not the domestic goddess kind. The ones you buy look WAY better than the ones I make.

Cicada said...

Wow, for being pregnant and having to deal with heat, you are being very productive! I would have just bought cupcakes for sure; I am impressed!

That sounds like a great class you gave, wish I could have taken it!

I made a new scrapping friend locally, and she was over with her kids today for a playdate. She said that she may be going to Scrapfest in MN too; but she's planning to stay with her sister who lives there. Anyway, she may carpool with me. I really need to remember to register on the 18th. Help me remember, okay?!!

ChristyR said...

Sounds so nice! We're down here sweating it our 24/7..last year at Xmas my AC was running!

I wanted to tell you that my friend Melissa made your Strawberry Margarita Cake two weeks ago and I heard about it through another friend who was at Stamp Camp cos I was gone..she was saying how delicious it was! Small world! So excited to make it too! Have a great weekend!