Wednesday, July 19, 2006

CHA here we come!

Well sort of, I am trying to get organized for CHA (craft & hobby association) trade show that starts tomorrow in Chicago. I never like to pack anything until the utter last second, so today I have just been thinking about what I need to pack tonight. How silly is that! So the big question is this, I am signed up for a Bazzill class (way excited) and in the list of supplies is an awl, I know what a woodworking type awl is, but why on earth would I need one for a scrappin class??? Anybody got any ideas??? I am at a loss as to if I should run to the hardware store and pick one up or just go without and wing it. Right now I am totally on the wing it side. At least all of the other classes I am taking I have all the tools for.

So anyone else that lives in the scrappin universe with me, have you seen some of the "sneak" peaks that have been posted on two peas? I am so excited, last summer when we went the big thing was the cricut and the xyron PCS. What will be the big thing this time? Ooo, the excitement is killing me. Plus I am dying to see what the new QK font or fonts (I hope a couple) will be. I have finally fallen in love with prima flowers, so it will be fun to see their new stuff too. Plus all the paper, last year I was so sick of paper by Saturday, you could never believe how much there is, so wild. I am bringing the camera, and the boss is bringing the laptop, so if your lucky we may have some hot new stuff to share. Not sure if I will get to update my blog, but keep checking the Memories Scrap N Stamp link here and you may get a chance to see the hot new thing early! And of course can't forget about all the lovely stamps I will be checking out. Just thinking about them makes my pocketbook hurt. Why do I love stamps... Hey I should do a scrap page about that! Christine your blog has just been so full of insperation lately you've got me on a roll, thinking of things that I want others to see and read about in the later years.

Alright better get back to thinking about packing, we are leaving at 4:30 AM tomorrow. How's that sound to you Miss not a morning person Katie! LOL!!!

6 comments:

Chris said...

I think a paper piercer will qualify as an awl. Essentially the same thing, only maybe slightly smaller?

ChristyR said...

I agree with Chris. Why don't they just call it a paper piercer? Anyhow what a blast you are going to have! How lucky! I wish I could go and see all the things but yes, pocket book would be hurting. I'm glad you feel the need to tell your story or things that need to be said...love that about this hobby. Shane even emailed me about how he enjoyed hearing it, he'd heard it before, but it brought back memories of sitting around the kitchen table listening to my parents talk about their lives. Anyhow, have a great time! One thing, take a notebook with you and right down the stuff you see so you can share!?!? I will be checking out the blog too! Have a great time and when you leave I want to know what is the one thing you won't be able to live without!

Nicole said...

Thanks to Chris and Christine, I most definitely have a paper piercer and will bring it along! Mystery solved!

Ok Christine thanks for a reminder to take a notebook and jot down things, very good idea! I am not a note taker so didn't even think of that one. Will do! I may even take some pictures of our food! LOL!!!

ChristyR said...

love it

~Mel said...

Can't wait to hear about all the goodies you see at CHA!! Come back with lots of updates!

Vanessa B. said...

Yep, paper piercer. Cannot wait to hear about CHA. Hope you have a great time!