Sunday, August 20, 2006

The end of a hectic week or the beggining of a fresh one...

So Sunday is here and all I want to do is sleep. We have had a busy week with straightening up the house for guests. Thanks so much Julie and Katie for coming down and hanging out with me! I had a wonderful time and I really hope that you two enjoyed your time with me in the big town of Dodgeville. Shannon we really missed you! As I have said lots before Katie is our camera girl, so check her blog for photos. We did have a great lunch at a really fun place downtown, but sorry Christine we didn't get pictures of the food.

I do feel pretty good about all the stuff that got done around the house, I haven't had anything big like this to really need to do a good cleaning for and well the house needed it. I feel a whole lot less cluttered at the momement, let's just hope that I can keep it up until baby. Only six weeks to go!

So Julie borrowed a copy of the "Scrapped" movie and we stayed up late Friday night to watch. Well I think that we were all hoping for something a little different. I thought it would be a bit more on the silly side, it was a true documentary. Lots of very researched info, this would be a great movie for someone who was just starting in the sb world. All in all not a bad movie, just not what I expected. I really enjoyed the beggining when they were showing a woman and her scrap room, had to have dh watch that just so I could prove that no I do not have "so" much stuff. LOL!!!

Saturday we worked, sort of. I guess I feel pretty good about what I got accomplished, I did decide that I am a much better scrapper at home. I get ideas when I work on stuff and at a crop I never seem to have the right thing that I really want to make my page or picture work. And I think I do a little to much socializing. But I need the socializing so I will never stop going to crops!

Today the house is quiet, I have been asking for this for weeks and now I don't know what to do with myself. Jeff took the kids and they are working on hunting stuff, cameras, tree stands, fall food plots, they should be gone most of the day. So what should I do, well Jeff of course didn't leave the house without giving me an assignment, I am washing his hunting garb, at least there is no folding involved with this just into the washer, into the dryer and then into a plastic airtight bag. Ok I think I can handle this. I did do one thing for myself this morn, I washed my sheets and they are hanging outside! Oh I love line dryed sheets, makes me excited for bed time! I rarely get a chance to hang them outside, I think I am just a little to lazy to make the trek upstairs with wet sheets and then outside, but I forced myself today and I will be happy later! I really should pull my Year in the life book back out and keep working, but I think that I will read the paper and just relax.

3 comments:

Cicada said...

I had lots of fun too! I always feel good for a few days after meeting with you guys. You were a great hostess and I'm so glad we came!

Glad you are getting some quiet time to yourself today-- you deserve it! Enjoy your sheets, line-dried really is the best smell ever...

itsjustshannon said...

Missed you guys too...Sorry I couldn't be there. Sounds like you had a really nice time.

You deserve some relaxing time. I say go for it!

ChristyR said...

Sounds good! I tried watching that movie once but couldn't for some reason. I hope that we can all hook up sometime and get together again. We're such a great group! Have a nice day!