Thursday, June 01, 2006

Wow June already!

Thanks for the reminder Chirstine. Whenever I think about how fast the years go by I remember what my Grandmother wrote in a Christmas card a few years back as her and my Grandfather were about to turn 80. It was something about how the years go faster because, as anyone who studies fractions in school knows, when you have only lived 8 years one year is 1/8 of your life. At 80 it's 1/80th, which is much, much smaller. Wise words that I will forever remember. Love ya Grandma B!

So today was also a day to treasure and nope I got no pictures. We have this wonderful drug store in town and they still have the old fashion soda counter. Hand dipped ice cream, old fashion shakes and malts, flavored cokes. Does it get any better? Well I have lived here for almost 15 years and have always heard about their "square" ice cream. Yes you read that right, I said square. ButI have never experienced it. Today after school K, Linds and I walked to the corner drug to pick meds up for Jeff and it was just hot enough and I had extra cash and the kids were being good. So we had square ice cream! Are you dying to know what square ice cream is yet??? Ok I'll tell ya! They have a funny contraption to scoop the ice cream into the cones and it comes out in a perfect square cube! I was amazed and the kids loved it! The next time your are in Dodgeville, after you stop at the Scrap book store, check out the "square" ice cream, you'll love it.

2 comments:

Cicada said...

Wow, I've been away for awhile (my kids have been sick) and it was so fun to catch up on all of your posts, Nicole! You have a great writing style, I really like reading your stuff :)

I really want that bouncy ball recipe! One of my entries for the letter S in my Cathy Z book was 'superball' because I have a thing for them!

Love the pics, esp. the archery one. Wish we had an old fashioned soda place around here like that, that sounds great!

ChristyR said...

You make me want to move to where you live. It sounds so nice!