Tuesday, June 20, 2006

What a wacky day...

Ok so I really didn't get anything done today. I have been swept up in the whole Stampin Up waiting for a new catalog fuss. Plus SU is releasing a retired accessory list tomorrow and well again I think I spent my entire day watching people chat about this at SplitCoast. What a way to waste a day. Oh well...

I did get cupcakes made for K's party tomorrow. He wanted to go with a Tractor theme, so the invites had tractors on them and I made cupcakes that will be frosted with chocolate and then each one gets a mini toy tractor on top that the kids can take home with them. We are also crossing our fingers that the weather will be nice so we can do water balloons and squirt guns (got each attendee a squirter that will be theirs when the party is done). All in all I am keeping it rather simple and I hope that it will all work out.

Next bit of info, we did get a chance to check out the house I posted about. Nice. Needs some outside roof work, but all in all I think it could work. Good size rooms, three full bathrooms (one with a wirlpool tub (love that), a place for a much better crafting area, and a huge yard. Now the big question is if we are thinking of spending X amount on this house then maybe we really should check on building our own perfect house. Building is NOT what I would choose to do, but Jeff really sees this as an option so now we will look more into that. So we aren't at square one, but I don't think we have made it to square two yet either.

2 comments:

itsjustshannon said...

Don't let building scare you....done it twice and it really wasn't that bad. I know people tell you their horror stories but if you find a quality and reputuable builder, the process is a positive one.

Have fun at the party!

ChristyR said...

My brother bought an old house gutted it and is redoing the entire thing. He hit some lumps but so far it's been a good experience for him. If the money is the same you might just want to spend it on what you want exactly? Otherwise, the other house sounds nice too! I am getting a free catalog this year and so excited about it. I love their products! Some days are meant for just checking stuff out!