Wednesday, April 12, 2006

What a day!

Wow was yesterday a busy one, I had two extra little people for the day and boy was I hopping. I had just enough time to make archery calls in the morning and then I don't think I sat down again until I went to bed. I did try and update this thing but for some reason it wouldn't let me in. Guess the computer knew I should really be concentrating on other stuff.

I taught a class last night too. A little bit hectic and frazzled but I think everyone enjoyed themselves. I was planning on five students and ended up with seven that always makes things a little hairy. We used the alcohol inks to create a fun and colorful 12x12 page, at the end of class both of my hands were covered in ink! Gotta love that!

Today should be a little slower, Kaleb got me up at 3 am, complaining of a belly ache, he had been coughing on and off and I think his tummy muscles just hurt from all that, but when I went to snuggle with him I realized he had a scorching fever. Yeah sickness around a holiday, that is common for my world. We are without the daycare kids today and off to the doctor later this morning. Hopefully he doesn't have the wonderful ickyness his cousins had the last couple weeks, high fever for 3-5 days I just don't have time for it! I really should tell you how lucky we are, the last time K was sick I think was when he was teething. My kids rarely get sick (just sometimes around a holiday), I am one of the luckiest moms out there. Maybe that is why I don't deal with it so well. Maybe they will give him some meds that make him sleep the day away and I can scrapbook? Always look on the bright side, right?

Off to clean up for the doctor,

Nicole :)

4 comments:

ChristyR said...

Nice that even when things are hectic we realize we are pretty lucky! I'd like to hear more about this class you taught...alcohol inks confuse me and i look at them and want them but have no idea what I'm doing with them! GL at the docs today!

Nicole said...

Oooo, an alcohol ink lesson on-line, I like thatidea. They really are easy to use and super fun! Lindsay loves it when I get them out, cuz she can do it too! Alright I will put something together, can't guarantee you'll see it this week, but keep checking.

Oh and so far all K has is a nasty sinus cold, no meds.

itsjustshannon said...

Hope your little guy is feeling better soon!


Love to hear more about the ink too!

ChristyR said...

Yes! On line class! I want one!