Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Not really much to update here, nothing much is going on. We had a nice Easter, dispite the rain. It rained from 4:00 am (this is the time Jeff gets up for Turkey hunting, which he just hit the alarm and went back to sleep after hearing the rain) until about 6:00 pm. This was the first year we could not hunt eggs at Grandpa's. I wonder who was more upset Grandpa or the kids??? Looks like we are doing an after easter hunt sometime this weekend.

Jeff is on vacation this week so my schedule is all goofy, amazing how an extra adult in the house makes everything wacky. The kids really like having daddy home, except that Kaleb thinks he needs to stay home from school and just hang out with daddy too.

6 comments:

Cicada said...

Hope that you enjoy your hubby home today :) Loved your Ella's Deli pics- we LOVE going there when we go through Madison! Our favorite place to go there with the kids!

ChristyR said...

I love weeks where there is nothing much going on. I wish I had more of them but then again love all the hustle that my kids bring me. Hope you get to make-up your Easter Egg Hunt!

ChristyR said...

I meant to ask but hit publish too quickly....does wild turkey taste the same as a Butterball you'd buy at a grocery store? Serious question..I really want to know!

itsjustshannon said...

Turkey hunting going on next week for Kevin. I know what you mean about someone being around during a different time than usual...throws your mojo! Take advantage of a little quality time though with your hubby while he's home!

Nicole said...

Christine -

Wild turkey as apposed to store??? Ok we don't cook the turkeys Jeff gets all that often. Yes I know that probably sounds bad, but there really isn't that much to eat on a wild turk. When we have cooked some up I normally just use the de-boned, de-skined turkey breast (dh does the de'ing) and I wrap it up in bacon and slow roast in the oven. I would say it is a tad drier than store and the taste is different, but it is pretty good. Ok now I am hungry. Did that answer your question?

ChristyR said...

Yes thank you! I was really curious about whether it tasted the same!