Monday, July 02, 2007

So it was a pretty un-eventful week, nothing too exciting. I did get to make a fun purchase the other day. Got myself a bike! K and Linds really like to ride their bikes around and well I just can't seem to keep up with them by foot any more. Also got a fun little "trailer" for Carter to ride in behind me. I took him for a test ride around a parking lot and I can't decide if he liked it or was terrified. He seemed to be holding on to both sides of his seat for dear life, but he wasn't crying. Went for a very peaceful ride by myself too, I really like to ride. I would love to be able to make this part of my daily routine, a quiet night ride each evening. But so far it's only worked out once. Saturday the kids and I rode to the pool, that was an experience. Kaleb does not want to ride in the street, and the straight forward way that is sidewalk all the way also runs right through out business district downtown. Can't really ride on that sidewalk with all the "stuff" that the owners put out during the day. We had to go a round about way. I must tell you that a bike pulling a trailer does not do well with curbs. No accidents, but not very easy. We made it to the pool had a great time and made it home. Can't wait to try it again.

1 comment:

Katie said...

You go girl...you can ride across Iowa with us next year! :)