Wednesday, July 25, 2007


Boy what have I been up to???

Why is it that we all look so forward to summer because it's going to give us time to relax have some fun just take it easy? But that never happens, I know my family and it seems most of the families that I know are so much more busy when summer comes around. Between always wanting to just get outside and play and the summer school and the swim lessons and picnics and barbeques and reunions, the list seems never ending of things to do. Where does the time to just relax go???

So that would be my excuse as to why this is so far behind...

I thought I would share a few new photos with ya'll. The first two are our adventures at swim lessons. this is the first summer that I have been able to sign the kids up. Boy is it amazing what 8 days of swim lessons can teach a kid. the first day Kaleb is saying will we have to go off the diving board, I don't want to go off the diving board. Second day they went off the diving board, albeit a little scared but they both did it! The pictures are from the last day when they were pros off the board and you can hear K as his turn nears yelling out, I can do it on my own you don't need to catch me! the both of them jump swim to the side and do it again like they have been doing it forever. They were passed from level 2 and in a couple weeks we go back to go for level 3. I think if we had a "real" pool in our yard they would want to sleep in it.

The last picture is Carter playing with my Aunt Sue's new puppy, which she lovingly referred to as the land shark! LOL! He has sharp teeth, the puppy that is and well sort of likes to bite things like all puppies do. But no babies or puppies were harmed in the photos taken. I think the two little ones just liked having someone their size to play with.

This past weekend I got some scrappin done, went with my mom and friend Janell to Blooming Escapes for a little rest and relaxing. Janell and I pulled an all nighter Friday, I managed to get three single pages and a double spread finished before we had to get some lunch. But that was all for me, by the time we got back from lunch Saturday I was feeling horrible. Tried to get some sleep, tried to get up and do a little more, but in the end I found a home on the couch until Sunday morning when we left early cuz the other two could see the misery I was in. Went to the doc monday and lucky me I had picked up strep throat somewhere. Feeling pretty much like myself today, but Carter had a fever this am, just called the doc and they got him started on meds. Now Jeff is scheduled for vaca to a world archery tournament next week I really hope this doesn't catch up with him.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Cicada said...

Not fair that you get away to scrap (and at blooming escapes!)and get SICK. At least you got some good crop time in before it hit. Sad for you though! Hope you are feeling better. LOVE the swim pics. Maddie loves her swim lessons too, but she's not quite as speedy at advancing as your kiddos!

Katie said...

Ohhhh totally not fair! :) Good for you though! :)