Friday, July 06, 2007

New day, new look!

Ok so is anyone out there a bit more blogger savy than I??? I really want to do a little more customizing, but I can't quite figure it out. What I want to do is to make my page as wide as my banner, if ya know how to do this let me know.

So let's chat about the new banner... The kids and I got pictures taken on Tuesday. Of course went to my favorite place Portrait Innovations love them! We went with the red, white and blue theme. That seemed to be the easiest way for all four of us to match. I wish that I had not pushed my hair behind my ear for the picture, but it's not all that bad of me. The kids all did a great job and Carter was a bit harder to get shoots, but only because he does not like to sit still. It is so hard to believe that little baby Carter is 9 months old now, he is getting to big to fast. Not walking yet and I keep telling myself that if he waits until after his first birthday to walk that will be soon enough.

So did everyone have a great fourth of July??? We had a very nice day. Got pictures, but haven't downloaded to the laptop yet. Spent the day at Aunt Julie's. We did big cookout and the guys shot trap. So if your not into the gun thing trap is where they use shotguns to shoot the round clay discs in the air. Jeff loves this, and this is about the only time he gets to do it. I was a little worried about how Carter would do with all the noise but he didn't even flinch. Kaleb even shot his gun, not at the discs, but a stationary box on the ground. Maybe next year they will let him try the discs. I did actually get a couple pics of K shooting but I got a little to close and my ears were ringing for awhile so I didn't try anymore. Julie also has a big pool so the kids spent lots of time in and out of the water. Lindsay's favorite part was the kitties. I think there were 8 or 9 of them and they were held by one little person or another all day long. I am sure they were glad to see all of us leave. Haven't seen any fireworks yet, first time in 7 years that we missed Rythm and Booms. I was a little sad, Jeff was wildly happy that he didn't have to drive in the traffic. We will see fireworks this weekend here in Dodgeville. This weekend is our big "festival" they have a small midway at one of the parks along with all kinds of "ball" tournaments, music and fireworks on Saturday night. Sunday is a huge parade and more fun at the park. I really look forward to this each year, this year I am a little worried about the weather, looking like upper 90's with lots of humidity. Very fun to sit in the sun and watch the parade. We'll be bringing lots of water.

2 comments:

Cicada said...

Sounds like a great holiday with more fun ahead for you this weekend...I wish we had a 4th parade here too. Love the banner!

Katie said...

Coool new look!! :) I see you have had another PI fix...girl you are seriously addicted! But they are really cute! Can't believe the little C man is standing! Wow!