Monday, November 20, 2006

Happy Monday!

And yes we are happy in our house this am! Why you ask, well this morning I put on jeans from before PG and they fit!!! Ok so they are old streched out ones, but a few weeks ago when I tried them on I could not get them zipped. Today I'm zipped and still breathing! So I am a total obsessive over weight issues, I've dealt with this since high school and well have you seen the comercials where women are walking around with a scale chained to their ankle? That is me, the scale rules the day at our house and it has been making me feel horrible lately. I am getting on that stupid treadmill everyday and still the numbers are not going down. Complained to DH couple nights ago and he says but you are getting skinnier, leaner, muscle weighs more than fat. Blah, blah, blah to me! Today I have decided to try harder and not let that stupid scale rule my life. Maybe if I just get on it once a week... I don't know. Any dieters out there with advice???

So besides my crazy dieting there has been lots going on in our world. Ya know blogging is very much like excerising for me, if I can't get around to doing for a day it turns into too manys days and then it is just so hard to go back to it. And I really miss blogging, kinda makes me feel more productive, like if I share what I've done I can say yes its good to me a SAHM, I don't just sit around and watch soap operas. So anyway I am back on the blog and I hope I can make time for it tomorrow and the next day, and the next...

We have really been busy over the last couple weeks. After I got the new stroller we had wonderful weather for the next four days and put lots of miles on. Then came the snow! YUCK, thank heaven that it didn't stick for too long. Just long enough for the kids to play and make some snowmen. Of course I ran off with a friend scrap shopping and my DH didn't think to take any photos! I really need to train him better! LOL.

A few other adventures we've had, took another trip to the outlet mall in the dells. Love that place, got some stuff for me and for Carter and a few x-mas gifts for the kids. Got tons of great gift ideas from Harry and David, would have loved to just buy their stuff but for some reason I could not justify the $$$. I'm not normally like that so it still puzzles me...

This past weekend was fabulous (this is my new word, use it way to much). Went to the Stamp expo in Madison, wasn't all that great, picked up a couple new toys. The highlight was the attractive young man doing make n takes at one of the boothes and also giving massages to those standing in line. Boy now that was FABULOUS! He even found us later a few isles down and gave my friend a second session. Really Chris I think he liked you!

Yesterday we also had a great day. Took the kids and went to Shannon's for some scrappin time and to show off Carter. I think both Shannon and Katie got their baby fixes, glad I could help. Didn't really get anything done but it was fun to see friends. We missed you Julie, but I am sure the three of you will have a blast at your Ali class in a couple weeks. (Wishing I could go). And yes we brought kids, they had a great time watching movies, and playing. I can't wait to do that again.

It's still quiet so I think I will check out everyone else's blogs. Later!

4 comments:

ChristyR said...

Welcome back to bloggin'!! I know what you mean hating to hear muscle weighs more than fat but it's true!! Also give it time..once you do start to lose the weight it will really come off! Your body is probably just getting that metabolism back to running better! That's how it was for me anyhow. So now that your back to bloggin' we gonna get to see that baby book soon?

itsjustshannon said...

You sound so relaxed!! That's good!

You look FABULOUS! Give yourself credit because you are back in shape girl and it hasn't been long at all!

So good to see you yesterday and meet all the kiddos!

Katie said...

I can attest to how skinny she is!! Shannon and I both said wow! Remember Nicole...judge only by how the clothes fit...not the number on that silly scale. Get rid of it!

Oh yeah! We got to see the baby book and girls...you all did a FABULOUS job! It looks so great and Nicole has lots of photos in it already!

Chris said...

Glad to see that you are back to blogging. Nice to hear an update from time to time.

And congrats on fitting into the pre-pg jeans!