Wednesday, October 24, 2007


CONGRATULATIONS KALEB!!

Last night was Kaleb's first "test" in Tae Kwan Do, it was so much fun to watch and take pictures of. The only bad side is the lighting is so bad I'm not really happy with any of the shots. These ones here are ok and I think they will pass for scrapping...

So on with the story, they start with basic punches and kicks all in a group (there were 7 little people testing together) and then they each have to do a move on their own in front of the crowd and the instructors/judges. Boy was I a nervous wreck when it was Kaleb's turn for the by himself portion. He's not the best when you single him out and well he gave it his all and when I asked if he was nervous he said nope he wasn't. Gotta love him! Then they all got to show us how they break boards with a single kick, every single one of the kids broke their board! Really this martial arts stuff is amazing. If I had time I think I might like doing it too. Lastly they have a small ceremony to add the yellow strip to their belts and get their certificates. I was very surprised at all the "pomp and circumstance" they put on for the kids, way more than I expected, but very, very wonderful. All in all the whole think took close to an hour, makes for a crazy night afterward.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Cicada said...

Good for Kaleb! Jeff wants our girls to do martial arts soon...I've been not so sure about that, but this sounds really self-esteem building and fun...great photos! I know what you mean about lighting in those situations...but they still look good...