Saturday, October 06, 2007


The Birthday Party was a success...

Can't you just taste that frosting??? Ok any of you real experienced photo takers out there, tell me is there are trick to taking photos inside and not ending up with the horrible shadow??? I love the shot but I could live without the shadow. Do I need to invest in a better flash to get rid of this or is there a magic setting that I am unaware of???

We did have an interesting week, yes my baby is one can't really seem to get over that yet, but I will move on. Kaleb, Linds and I took Carter to McD's on his birthday, there was another little one just a few months older than Carter and boy did he love that. I am thinking that Carter needs more playdates with other one year olds. I was a little worried that he was gonna tackle the other little one, he is an aggressive monster some times. I have heard lots of stories about child number three and well Carter fits like a peg into some stereo types.

Then on Wednesday I had my first "photo shoot" I was the photographer! I conviced my friend to let me take senior pictures of her daughter. I am relatively happy with how they turned out and it seems they are too. We are doing some more tomorrow, she had a different hair style that she wanted to try.

Thursday's excitement came from Kaleb. As you may have read he's doing Tae Kwan Do, he loves it and it is fitting quite well into our schedules. Well on thursday Kaleb broke a board with a kick! I so wish I could have been there to get a picture, but I am guessing he will attempt this another time and I can be there. He was so proud it was just awsome!

We also had teacher conferences and I am feeling better about Kaleb's teacher, she really adores him and is so willing to do whatever it takes to help him succeed. Linds' conference took all of 30 seconds, she just doesn't have any issues and is doing all that she should be doing. The teacher did laugh at one of my comments about my concerns, I had to ask if Linds follows directions in a timely manner (she so does NOT do this at home), I guess she does fabulous at school though.

On to the big party day, yesterday. We had nine adults, seven kids, and two fabulously precious infants (SIL's twins), quite a crowded house. I think this will be the last time I do an individual party. Next year we'll do all three kids sometime in September, when it's still warm enough to be outside. Which is funny because it's been very unseasonalbly warm around here and if we had better lighting we should have been outside... I am not sure that I like 80+ degree weather in October... back to the party, it was crazy but Carter enjoyed all the attention and the cake! And what type of family would we be if another boy in the house did not have his own four-wheeler! Check out the hot new ride Carter got from Grandpa and Grandma Johnston! And no it's not motorized, just incase any of you were starting to worry, all Carter powered.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Cicada said...

So cool that you had a photo shoot! I hope we get to see them sometime. Yay for Kaleb and his board :) As far as the flash, I just never turn that thing on anymore if I can help it. But when you do, I think 5-feet away from the wall is the rule of thumb I've seen in the photography books-- as if that's always possible, right? Really though, I didn't even notice it in that cute photo until you pointed it out!