Tuesday, August 07, 2007

A little bit of fun from the last few days...

So I feel like I must have photos to go along with an update, so that's why I haven't made any notes on this thing in over a week. I really like to blog, so I should get over this photo thing.

Anyway, we have been keeping busy. Last week was a strange one, we were here and there and everywhere it what seemed to be a very short time span. Jeff and I had a little couples get-a-way Sunday night, we had a wonderful dinner just the two of us and then a night alone at the Don Q Inn, Jeff's dad had won a free nights stay and he graciously let us use it! Had a wonderful time relaxing in the hot tub and not having to tend to anyone's needs. Every mom needs that once in awhile!

Monday and Tuesday we ran around doing this and that getting ready for Jeff to head out to Indiana for the IBO World Championships. Jeff left on Wednesday while the kids and I headed in to Madison for some play time with Julie and her girls. We had a great day, love being able to get together with Julie, she gave me all the scoop from CHA (big scrappin tradeshow). Jeff had a good time at the archery thang, he finally had a great year. He took second place out of thousands of shooters, I am so proud of him!

We also had a little camping time in the backyard, got a new tent from Nana a couple years ago and it hadn't even been out of the box. I decided that I could put that thing up myself and I did! Good for me! LOL! K and Linds slept out there four nights. They were really upset to see it come down, but I was starting to worry about my lawn. If we can get rid of this hot humid weather we may put it up again before summer ends.

Carter had his first bubble bath! He is so hilarious, whenever he is in the water be it the pool or the tub he wants to stick his face in the water and drink it. With the bubbles he had the wonderful bubble beard, too cute.

I do think the weather is getting to all of us, poor Jeff it's gotta be so hard to run all day in this heat. Last night everyone was a bit out of sorts and I put Kaleb to work feeding Carter. Already have the scrap page in my head, Big Brother, Big Helper. Now to find some time to get it done.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Andee Roll said...

Nichole, I lost your phone number. Can you email me about whether or not you are still interested in doing daycare for my little one two days a week? Thanks! Andee

therolls@charter.net

itsjustshannon said...

Looks like you all are having a great summer!!!! Fun Fun Fun!!!

Katie said...

Oh I am so happy to hear that you and Dh had a night away! Good for you guys!!

Love the pics...love that beard on mr cheeks! :)

Oh and sorry I missed you and Julie! I totally forgot to email you back...I had MIL here and was a bit busy!