Saturday, June 02, 2007


So we went to the Zoo on Thursday...

It was Lindsay's Kindergarten field trip, this make three trips to the Zoo with school for me in three years! I think I could have done the info program myself, but it was fun still. Before leaving school we were certain that it was going to rain on us, but God was on our side and not a drop fell. It was dark and cool for the most part, but that is what I would rather have than sweating in the sun. We visited the animals with two of Lindsay's dance class friends. Three little blond girls, think there might be trouble in the future??? The girls were wild, I think we took no more than 5 seconds at each animal, hence the lack of photos. I guess I'm happy with what I got and that is all you can ask for. Linds said her favorite animal was the flamigo. Other than that I think they had the best time at the park.

Today has been a bit of a bummer, it was the county dairy breakfast this morning and well the rain had to come sometime. It was pouring when we got to the farm and the planned parking "lot" was not something cars should park in when wet and muddy, so we were instructed to park on the street and then walk the 1.5 miles to the farm. Yes I do have a tendency to exagerate, but really it was that far. In the rain with a baby, this was not something Jeff wanted to do, so back to Dodgeville and Country Kitchen breakfast for us. I don't really think the kids were all that dissapointed, but I was. I love the dairy breakfast, first the food is fabulous and they have so much fun stuff to check out and play with. I guess there's always next year...

I think I am off to check the radar, the rain stopped and I would love to get out for a little walk. Jeff has both K and Linds and well I am just sort of relaxing with baby Carter. I should be cleaning out the craft/office room but I have tomorrow.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Katie said...

You will have to tell me about the Dairy breakfast...sounds like a fun one for the kids! Bummer it didn't work out. We had the same parking lot situation at Gabby's soccer game on Sat morn...total mud pit!