Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Yikes it's been a month since I've updated this thing!

So my life isn't that complicated, but I just don't seem to have the time to devote to this and to posting over at Tallyscrapper which I havent' done much of lately either. What to do????

Well the baby seems content bouncing up and down at the moment so here's what's been happening in our little world...

We had a scrapping weekend at Shannon's, that was great. I didn't get one thing done, but it was fun to just hang with the girls. We are off to a Scrap Retreat in the Dells next weekend, cannot wait for that. No kids and a full weekend I should get something done.

Got some shopping done a few weeks ago, Carter is just growing way to fast and we were running out of clothes to wear. I went a little overboard I think we are set until winter.

So Jeff was supposed to do this HUGE archery tournament, only so many shooters are accepted and we have been on the wait list for a few years so I was so excited when we got the call about an opening for him. The tournament was in South Carolina and we paid the entry fee booked the airline tickets got the hotel did all we needed to. So on Thursday 3-22 he leaves for Ohare (three hour drive), just before his plane is scheduled for take off I get a call from him. Flight has been cancelled, no flights to SC until Monday! The shoot is Fri, Sat, Sun so this will not work! He spends 12 hours at airport trying to find any flight anywhere near where he needs to be, there is nothing. Finally he decides the best thing to do is head home. Now just to get the baggage, well sorry your baggage is in SC! Oh yeah and they tell him if he leaves he will not get a refund, its not their fault they cancelled the flight. He comes home it is now 1 AM, and he is not happy. We spent friday on the phone with Travelocity, they got us the refund, and with lost baggage, that took over 6 calls throughout the weekend, but we did finally get his archery equipment and suitcase Monday morning. The lesson here is NEVER FLY UNITED!!!

So while all the mess with Jeff is going on, Carter is dealing with a nasty cough. We were in the ER twice and told we had RSV (not a happy thing), so by Monday after I have gotten realitivly no sleep I head to the clinic one more time, Carter is just not getting any better. Doc there things we have been dealing with this to long and thinks 24 hrs in the hospital with oxygen and observation would be the best idea. Great! They didn't let us go home until Wed afternoon. Tests came back and didn't look like it was RSV, but he had some nasty bacteria that did not want to let go. Poor little guy got three shots of antibiotic, way to many nebulizer treatments, and a whole lot of other meds. We made it through and as of lately he is doing so much better, we see the doc tomorrow for another check up and I think all will be well.

Someone's getting fussy, time for bath and bed. I do have some fun shots to post I'll try and get back here after everyone's down for the night. No time to proof this so sorry for any typo's!

2 comments:

itsjustshannon said...

Oh bummer on several fronts there Nicole. I have been bumped on United before so I feel his pain. Nothing but plain sucks.

I am glad little Carter is doing better....I can only imagine the stress and concern you have had over the last few days.

Here's to spring and getting everyone well.....only 6 more days!

Katie said...

United SUCKS!!

Holy crap girl...so glad Carter is getting better. That stuff is not fun Gavin got nailed at that age.