Friday, January 19, 2007

Friday Nights

This is what the weekends are all about at our house. Sleeping bags on the living room floor and a good movie on TV. Tonight we are watching Madagascar, well Linds and I are watching, Kaleb has already fallen asleep. I think he had a very big week being star and all. Today when I picked the kids up he started telling me about his friends book. Turns out all the kids in class write a note to Kaleb and he got to bring them all home today. They were adorable, some kids wrote about how they like to play with K, and how they liked making the bookmarks with me, and a few seem to think K is a very fast runner. All the notes made me want to cry and smile at the same time. Now I just have to think of a fun way to add them to a scrap book. Reading something like that has got to be even cooler when your an adult.

It's been a busy day for me too, glad that the weekend is here. So anyone know if shoveling is equal to an aerobic workout??? I got up at 5 this morning to shovel sidewalks. See two of our neighbors contract with us for snow removal. Jeff has the whole plow thing on the four wheeler, easy for him to go up and down the street. Not so easy when he isn't here. It snowed yesterday, ok we did not get feet of snow only 2 inches at most, but enough that sidewalks had to be done. My back doesn't hurt so much, but I am glad that there is no more predictions of snow until after Jeff is back. Maybe I should have him teach me how to work the plow... No I really don't want to know. Then it was drop kids off at school and then check out the new Super WM. Today was the grand opening of our new WM, it's cool I guess, well if you like WM that is. I only shop there because I can't run to Madison every time I need dish soap or toilet paper. I went this morn for laundry soap. They had the UW marching band there this afternoon and there are all sorts of happenings through the weekend. The kids are dying to go maybe we will venture back tomorrow.

Next it was on to the LSS, played with the Revolution and did some thinking about my classes coming up next month. I so need to get projects done for my classes, but the insperation hasn't quite hit. Taught a scrapping 101 that was fun and the page we put together turned out very nice. And I even started a page for myself, not done but thinking I might scrap more tomorrow.

Is 8:30 PM to early for an adult to go to bed???

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Katie said...

YOU go girl.... I still haven't ventured out into the snow...other than running to and from my car. Feel like a lazy butt. But I did notice the beautiful snowflakes the other night...falling so pretty and soft.

Glad your star week is almost over...post your big page...I have to do something similar for Gabby in a couple weeks!

itsjustshannon said...

Good for you....I hate to do the snow thing too but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Hoping you are feeling more like yourself. I did Star Student last year for Drew and next week its Kaylee's turn. I am sure you totally outdid us. They give us this poster and we filled it out and attached a bunch of pictures and Kaylee colored it. That would be it. Probably the biggest memory he will have was the day that you spent at school. Being there is THE biggest thing to a kid.
Hang in there and hope the weekend allows for LOTS of relaxing!

Cicada said...

I am also impressed with all that snow-moving you did! And feeling lazy that I didn't-!

That's a great thing they do for the kids, I'm sure he loved his letters! I hope my girls' school does something like that too. If not, I'll have to get them to start it!