Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Wacky Wednesday!

That's what today is referred to in Dodgeville, mostly because the kids have early release from school. But today ecspecially due to the teacher conventions and no school thursday and friday. I laugh when I think I couldn't wait for school to start so I could have some quiet time and now I can't wait for the time off so I can spend it with K and Linds. Not sure what we are going to do with our time, I had suggested to my SIL that we take the kids to the new hotel in Barneveld that has a smallish waterpark, you can just buy a pass to play in the water, but not sure how that would work with Carter. Maybe we'll take in a movie, K was just complaining about how we haven't seen a movie in forever.

So I worked at the LSS yesterday, had a blast just as I expected I would. I will be working most Tuesdays for a while so I am way jazzed about that. Plus Tuesday is our technique class night, so I get to design some more class stuff. Just being at the LSS gets my mojo flowing, today I am full of ideas and wish that I could just sit and create. Going to stop back at the store when i pick the monsters up, gotta get some stuff to create with. Below is my November technique, Lip Prints. Yes those are my "kisses" on the LO! Really silly, but fun technique to try. Just grab some chapstick, apply to lips and kiss your paper, then cover with embossing powder and heat. I can't wait to make some Valentine's with this. The LO is a total lift from CZ's sequel book, but lately the ideas are coming to me very early in the am's and well I am just not about to drag my butt outa bed at 3 am when the baby is not crying. Gotta try and get some sleep! LOL!!! I really need to get one of those little book lights and a notebook that I could sketch in late at night with out leaving the bed. Maybe we'll hit WM later. Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

itsjustshannon said...

Beautiful layout...such a sweet photo!

Michelle said...

Love it, especially the kiss prints. I'm totally going to have to try that sometime.

Chris said...

What a neat idea, and such a pretty LO. Who cares if you scraplifted it!

Nancy said...

Just beautiful... you are very talented.

Katie said...

Very neat idea....never would have thought of that. You are a busy woman...I think when my kids were so little I thought it was amazing if got in a shower! :)

ChristyR said...

Love Katie's comment!

What a great idea. I see some fun this Valentine's with some chapstick, a heat gun, and some embossing powder, red embossing powder. I'm going to tell my Stampin Up lady!

Beautiful layout and you are busy, talented, and got it together!

Cicada said...

Wow, what a sweet layout. I'm gonna try that kiss trick too! Too fun. Yeah, ditto what Katie said. I don't know how you do as much as you do!

ChristyR said...

do you think if I do a layout with chapstick i'd get a comment out of julie on my blog? just wondering!