Monday, December 04, 2006

Christmas Joy to...





Christmas horror in less than 2 seconds, really I should have taken a picture of the tree on the floor, but didn't think of it soon enough.

So I need to rant, sorry you all are reading. Guess you could skip this post if you don't want to hear me feeling sorry for myself. So it really is my fault the tree fell over and most of my ornaments are broken. What happens when you let little ones decorate, all the ornaments end up in one place. I was in the process of moving them around to avoid disaster when I noticed the time and turned my back to head to the kitchen to put our casserole in for dinner. Minutes later I hear the wonderful crash and my son hollering the tree fell over, I didn't do anything! No ones fault but my own! Now I can't even bring myself to clean it up. All I want to do is get a garbage bag and toss the whole thing! How petty is that???? Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Chris said...

These things happen. I think we've all had a tree fall over. When we would buy real trees they always had issues standing up straight so we would always have to tie them up. But sometimes the fishing line would break.

Sorry to hear about so many ornaments breaking. Hopefully you'll be able to fix many of them.

Cicada said...

Ugh. Did the bert & ernies break? That's sucky. Don't stress too long though. Everybody has holiday mishaps!!

I love that you let the kids decorate first. I do that too... and Jeff laughs at me when I move everything around on my own later!!

Katie said...

Hey, last year our tree was totally dead after a week, AND it had a mysterious odor....think deer pee or something! Had to take it all down drag it out (leaving 853,543,678 needles all over the house) and go drop another $60 on a new tree. That sucked just about as bad as broken ornaments. ...glad you got it all fixed up! :)