Thursday, February 15, 2007

Now, four months old!





















Look at Carter now! Wow has he grown, it goes by way to fast. Last night he was starting to sit up all on his own, before I know it he will be crawling and then I will be crying as I take him in for his first day of Kindergarten.

Speaking of Kindergarten, Linds celebrated the 100th day a couple weeks ago, that means that half the year is done. I so can't beleive it, summer will be here so quickly. That is one thing I am looking forward to. This horrible cold weather has got to go, although I am quick to say thank heavens that we did not get the snow that the states south and east of us have had. Those poor souls out in NY, I can't even begin to imagine what I would do if the snow was as high as our house. The kids however think that is the coolest thing they have ever seen.

So did everyone out there have a nice Valentine's? It was a good one at our house, the day seemed much quieter than Tuesday. Tuesday was of course, being the deadline queen that I am, when I finally got going on the kids Valentines for their classmates. 40 handmade valentines in a day is that a record??? We also had to bake and decorate cookies for each class, I was bummed I didn't get to my favorite baked goods store in time and they did not have any heart shaped cutout cookies left. I settled for round ones. They turned out alright, we frosted and sprinkled and then I drew hearts with red frosting on top. We got rave reviews from K's teacher, so they must have been ok. Then after the cookies were done and the kids were in bed I realized we were also down for cheese and crackers for Linds' room. Off to the grocery store I went and got that done too.

Yep valentine's was nice at our house, Jeff brought flowers, he always does and I always love them. Then get this we actually sat down at the table and ate dinner together! Completely crazy I know!

4 comments:

Cicada said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cicada said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cicada said...

Sheesh, sorry about the deletions, I was signed in wrong. When I have my gmail open, it doesn't use the right account for me.

Anyway:

I can't even believe you made homemade valentines. Wait, actually, yes I can!!! You are certifiable though. In a good way.

Glad you got some flowers to enjoy from your hubby!

And Carter is the cutest.

Katie said...

Wow he's so big! Great perspective with the little stuffed animal.

Glad you got a nice dinner with dh. It is always nice to just breathe together like that. :)