Friday, April 18, 2008

So life has lots of ups and downs and for the last few weeks my life has been even more of a rollercoaster than normal.

The picture here is of my Grandfather when he was in the army, very handsome guy. He passed away on April 5, holding my Grandmother's hand. He was 86, he lived a wonderful life and was ready for his next journey. We will miss him terribly, and I only wish that I could have know him better. It brings a smile to my face to know that in his last few months and weeks he loved to see Carter, Carter brought a smile to his face. I felt so honored to meet so many of my Grandmother's friends who had to see this Carter that Grandma talked about. For me Carter will always carry a very special piece of my Grandfather forever.

But with death there comes life...

My very best friend, Judabee (only I can call her that), had baby number two on Monday April 7th. A beautiful baby boy (I love boys!) from what I hear, our first visit will be tomorrow. Of course I have already told her that we are bringing the camera and I am so excited to take "newborn" pictures!

Speaking of pictures, I have decided what I want to be when I grow up, drum roll please... A PHOTOGRAPHER! The dream started this fall when I convinced my friend Dot to let me take her daughter's senior pictures. Then there was Mary who asked me to do a family Christmas shot, and then I got my new lens and well as of March "Silly Scrapper Photography" was born! I am working on a blog to showcase my favorite shots and maybe help get more bookings. If you are interested in taking a peek at my work, pop me an email and I will "invite" you to view the blog. Keeping it private for the time being. Or if you are interested in being a ginea pig for me give a shout out too!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Cicada said...

I love that you found your calling! I saw the baby truck photo on tallyscrapper today and it was adorable! It will be fun to see your work as you get started with this...so excited for you :)

Your grandpa was very handsome; it's great that Carter was a comfort to him toward the end...