Friday, November 23, 2007

Black Friday Fun!!!

So we decided that we wanted to get a Nintendo Wii for Christmas this year, ok that may have been my first mistake... Checked out the internet on Wednesday and the local WM, nobody has 'em. So when browse'in through the adds yesterday morning and finding only one place that even listed the darn things I began to remember stories of how my mother stood in line for a cabbage patch kid one christmas season, because that was all I wanted. Pay back is hell! I got up at 2:00 am today bundled up as best as I could threw a lawn chair and Jeff's sleeping bag in the back of the van, filled my thermos with coffee and made the 45 min trip to American TV to hopefully be one of the first crazy people in line and come home with a Wii. Got there and there were already 40+ people in line. Now what??? I sat around and thought about it (second mistake), then decided what the heck! Got out wrapped the sleeping bag around me (it's only 17 degrees out here) and headed to the end of the line. Now the add said they only have 16 Wii's and I am hopefull that not all 40 people in front of me want one too. Wonderful guy with info about where to go when they open the doors is chatting with people and giving me hope. Get the info with where to go and see I am heading to a green balloon (now I think things are looking up, green is my fav color). But alas at 4:50 I finally enter the store to find out I am number 19 in the line of only 16 Wii's. and at 4:55 I am heading back home with NOTHING. Life is crazy! And this is the best part, found out what time the first guy in line got there, 9:00 PM thursday night! That is TOTALLY INSANE!!!

I do keep reminding myself that Christmas is a month away and I could find one before then, we'll see...

2 comments:

ChristyR said...

my dad was so in on the cabbage patch dolls, love that memory of him and I at Kmart and all these crazy ladies fighting over, what, he doesn't know until someone tells him and he muscled his way right on in there and got me the best one! Good luck finding the Wii and kudos to you for doing that for your kids, that was me when the 360s came out two years ago!

Katie said...

Oh how awful...you have to be kidding me!! You are one dedicated shopper and mama!! Wow! 17 degrees...4:50 am....you can be sure that will never be me....now if there was a midnight sale..... ;)

I will keep an eye out for ya girl....that so totally sucks.